Thanks to everyone who joined the FlyWire Town Hall on Nov 10, 2022. The event included a State of the Connectome (the brain is 87% proofread and we recently surpassed 100,000 neurons!), publication plans, and new tools in development. FlyWire is nearing the end of proofreading and is migrating to a push for annotations. There are already over 33,000 annotations but many more are needed.
Annotations Push: please add annotations to FlyWire and let us know about Known Unknowns (groups of cells missing in Codex that need annotations). We’ll put together a shared resource for this soon.
- Annotations can be made directly in Codex or via FlyWire lightbulb menu
Check out Codex, the new Connectome Data Explorer tool:
Codex updates since demo video:
- new multi-cell network view
- See intermediate cells along the pathway from any source to any target cell
- Directly submit new annotations from codex single cell view page
- Upstream/downstream partners now lists # synapses
- Neurotransmitter assignment confidence scores
Thanks for all the effort that you have put into FlyWire.
Onward, to the Connectome!